Here are 5 Shopping Tips and Dangers you need to look out for when buying health insurance online.
1. Buy only from a locally licensed agent who provides a NPN number and FFM user ID number. The NPN number basically says that this agent has a license to sell insurance. The FFM user ID number is certification number only given out to agents that have been certified to sell or offer insurance through healthcare.gov. Ask the agent for both of these if they do not have it leave the site and do not give out any information.
Here is our information about us does your website your looking at provide this? If not they are just selling your information.
Agent -Donald Murray
(NPN number)- 5449625
(FFM user ID)- ZipHound
*Note please use or write down the numbers above. This is very important. When signing up for a health plan you will be asked if you’re using a agency or broker. By using our agency or broker name you will assigned a local Utah agent and not an out of state company. The cost to use our agency is FREE. If you leave that section blank you will be left on your own to figure out which plan and company best fits your needs.
2. Never give our your email or phone number to get a health insurance quote. No reason exists to give your email out or phone number to get a quote. The only time you need to do this is when you apply for a plan. Notice we never ask for this information.
If you see a website that collects your email or phone number they are most likely selling your information for a profit to other agents. Or worse the are a lead company that are appearing look like an agency.
3. Copy cat websites and Logos. You will notice that we do not put other insurance company logos on our site. Many websites do this to trick you into thinking that they are the insurance company. We only provide logos when your getting an actual quote. Many lead based companies steal and put logos on the site to appear like they are a real agency or website. Our advice leave the site.
4. Fake Phone numbers or shady out of state agencies. One of best ways to know if an insurance agency is local is to see if they have local phone number. Our phone number is 801-900-5636, notice everyone else uses a 1-855 number or 1-800 these companies are from out of state. Why deal with an unknown agency out of state when you can deal with a local agency that knows the market.
5. Keep your passwords private.Use a combination of numbers, letters, and symbols. Never use any part of your telephone number, birth date, Social Security number, or address. If someone calls your phone number requesting this just hang up.